Thursday, May 27, 2010

How to Get Dressed Without Driving Yourself Crazy

To celebrate the fourth anniversary today of the publication of my book, Sorting It Out: One Disorganized Woman Solves the Problem of Too Much Stuff , I'm making my short article, "How to Get Dressed Without Driving Yourself Crazy," available for free! It's over twenty pages of advice from me, a fashion-challenged woman who just wants to get out of the house looking decent. If you curse your clothes closet, please download the PDF, read and enjoy.

A new book is underway, also devoted to the joys of living with less stuff. You'll be the first to know when it's finished. Meanwhile, expect a new blog post very soon about people who want to "sell everything and start over," currently the most popular Google search topic that leads to this blog. Interesting concept, isn't it?

2 comments:

Jo said...

Thank you for sharing this. This is a great primer on streamlining your look and getting your closet under control. I’ve been working on weeding out my closet and focusing on a more “French” way of dressing (fewer pieces, better quality, classic styling, mostly neutrals). Reading your article was a great motivator and will help keep me on track.

Cynthia Friedlob said...

So glad you found the article helpful, Jo. The approach I described is very much the French way of dressing, although we're generally less formal here. I just like the simplicity of it -- life offers enough complications without adding fashion trendiness to the list!