Saturday, August 02, 2008

Small Houses, Adaptive Reuse and Green Architecture, Advertising to Children, and More?

Dear Readers:

The Thoughtful Consumer blog celebrates its second anniversary on Sunday, August 3rd!

I'm delighted that so many of you have responded positively to the topics I've been discussing. I did a little traffic research (via Feedburner) and have found that there are three topics that get the most attention on my blog:

Small Houses

Adaptive Reuse and Green Architecture

Advertising to Children

Because they are of particular interest to you, I'll be sure to spend some time focusing on these topics in the future. The Juxtapositions posts are popular, too, so I'll also continue to post observations in that category, as well as any new thoughts and discoveries that seem particularly worthwhile to me.

I would like to invite all of you to let me know, either through a comment or by e-mail [thethoughtfulconsumer at yahoo dot com], if there are any other specific issues that you'd like me to address or to write about in more detail.

There are many excellent blogs available about uncluttering (Unclutterer, for example), and there's a wonderful blog by Jeri Dansky that demonstrates how organizing can be achieved using beautiful and unusual items. I certainly didn't need to duplicate their fine efforts, so I've enjoyed writing about some of the other things that many of us also think about as we work towards being thoughtful consumers.

My goal is to provide you with information that you always find interesting, sometimes surprising, and frequently helpful. Please let me know how The Thoughtful Consumer blog is doing. And thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,
Cynthia


A note to subscribers: Over the next few weeks, I'm going to make an effort to simplify and reduce the number of labels for all the posts of the last two years. I am hopeful that this won't trigger one of those Feedburner mailings of old posts to all of you. Please forgive me if Feedburner turns out to be less thoughtful than we'd like! Thanks.

4 comments:

Jeri Dansky said...

Happy blog anniversary, Cynthia!

Thanks for the kind mention, and for writing such a special blog. I'm always delighted when my reader shows there's something new on The Thoughtful Consumer.

Cynthia Friedlob said...

Thanks, Jeri! The feeling is mutual.

Michele said...

I am looking forward to the small house and adaptive reuse/green architecture features.

Cynthia Friedlob said...

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts, Michele, and thanks for reading my blog!