Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Experience Talks" Radio Show Appearance

Here's another Monty Python "And now for something completely different" post:

I was pleased to be invited to return to "Experience Talks" to read a new three minute original essay. The show will be broadcast on Tuesday, July 15th, 2:00 p.m., on KPFK, 90.7 FM, our Los Angeles and Santa Barbara Pacifica Network station. You can hear it streaming on-line here or, if you miss the broadcast, you can hear it later in either the KPFK "Experience Talks" archives or here, where you'll also find a link to the December 18, 2007, show on which I read my first essay, a memoir about political activism on campus during my college years.

You can check out this link for the complete line-up of guests who will be interviewed on the upcoming broadcast, including Ellen Geer, artistic director of the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum; actress Marsha Hunt, a leader in the campaign against the blacklist; and journalist and playwright Bernie Weinraub. My essay, in which I talk about age discrimination in Hollywood, will be on at the end of the show.

No comments: